Sunday 22 April 2018

Quest for the WORST Movie Part 9: Tusk

I was recently discussing bad movies, this very blog and my quest with some friends at a party. We discussed many bad movies (Birdemic was universally agreed to be truly awful on pretty much every level) and it was suggested that Tusk should be added to the list.


I was surprised to hear that this movie was written and directed by Kevin Smith, but this gave me hope for this movie as I've liked what I've seen by him....so I got a copy and gave it a watch. Check out the trailer:


The story starts by saying that it is apparently based on true events and is about a podcaster who travels to Canada and interviews an unusual man who has a great interest in walruses.  Think Human Centipede but Walruses and you're on the right track.

What the heck is this movie? The storyline is lame, the acting is awful, and it's quite the yawnfest and that's the bits that look good. There are not many movies that wanted me to switch off my laptop third way through the movie, but this one has become one of the "elite" few.  This movie is dreadful. The only thing I thought was good (to a degree) was the prosthetics.

At one stage I thought I may have found a contender on the quest...but Birdemic can rest easy for now. As much as this movie was boring, at least it had some logic (in a twisted sense) the audio was good and the effects were actually effective. It also gets bonus points for having Johnny Depp in the movie without acknowledging Johnny Depp in the credits. 

Tusk is rated 15 and is available on DVD, Blu-Ray and digital download. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger