Saturday 27 May 2017

Quest for Worst Movie Part 1 - BIRDEMIC

I must be absolutely mental....
I have decided that if I am to attempt to find a movie worse than Birdemic: Shock and Terror then I should rewatch it and refresh my memory of how it really is....perhaps I am wrong and I need to give it some slack?

People who used to read my blog way back when will know I have watched and reviewed this "amazing" movie and the review can be found HERE....I'd noticed I've been really quite dismissive and not said much about the movie at all here, so I'll do a bit of a better review this time.

Well, here's the trailer to begin with just so you can have a taste of the movie:


Right, so now that's out the way...on with the review....

Birdemic: Shock and Terror is set in Half Moon Bay, California when the hero of the piece appears to be some kind of telemarketer or something and scores a million pound contract (or something like that) and then he asks out someone he knew from school....they then go out and birds start going crazy and explode on impact (yes, really!). With everyone getting killed, will these lovers survive the Birdemic? More importantly....will my sanity survive this movie?

The acting is awful, the actors and actresses could have been replaced with cardboard cutouts with sound chips that "played" screamy death metal versions of Bible passages when motion was detected and it would have made more sense, and the dialogue was spoken so robotic all that it almost felt like people were bored and just wanted to get it over and done with. 

Whoever did the editing needs to be shot....the first 40-45 minutes were pretty much scenery shots and basically unnecessary...it just drags out a movie that's already a huge drag.
The music to the movie is damn awful too....played at the wrong time, doesn't sound right for the film or is too quiet when it plays. 

But the worst thing of all when it comes to this movie is the CGI. It looks like someone has ripped the digitized graphics from a Sega Genesis 32x badly and then superimposed them over....in fact the graphics from a Sega Genesis are probably superior! 

I really do not think that there is anything positive about this movie in any way shape or form, I've really tried to find something...anything that could potentially be good about Birdemic Shock and Terror and the only thing I can find good about this is the end of the movie as I'll never EVER watch this again. 

The movie was inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds....fine I understand that it's killer birds brought into the modern age (being mutated by global warming!!) but this is just so wrong.  I like to give movies a chance, and I have really tried this second time around, but I still think this is the worst movie that has ever been created

I'm not the only person who thinks that this movie is truly awful. With many places saying that this is the worst movie ever made, I am seriously wondering if there is any way to beat it....however, not everyone has the same taste as me and the movie does indeed have a cult following, so much so that there has been a second movie made and there is an Indiegogo page to attempt to raise funds for a third and apparently final movie.


And now some videos that show how bad this movie is...obviously, these are going to contain spoilers, so if you do actually intend to watch this movie then DO NOT WATCH THEM!!

JonTron calls Birdemic: Shock and Terror the worst movie ever.



CinemaSins: Everything Wrong With Birdemic


Birdemic: Shock and Terror is rated 15 and available on DVD and BluRay if you want to grab yourself a copy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger