Tuesday 6 June 2017

Quest for Worst Movie Part 2 - Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

When I was a child I was into comic books and video games in a huge way...they were a form of escapism for me, to get away from all the bad things.  I was a huge fan of Batman and loved the movies, as well as the Superman movies, absolute classics from a great time....and then there was the Dark Knight trilogy, a great story which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Then Man of Steel came out, and The New 52! comics came out, putting me right off DC.

Following from the events that happened in Man of Steel, Superman is a controversial figure. Bruce Wayne/Batman blames him for the mass casualties after Superman's battle with General Zod, and Clark Kent/Superman believes Batman is dangerous and vows to expose him.  Here's the trailer:



The movie is outright awful!!  The lines in the movie are damn awful, the acting is awful, and the story is just outright boring.  The one thing that the movie is supposed to be all about (you know...this fight between Batman and Superman?) was pretty uninspired and was barely any part of the movie.  To me as the watcher, it felt like both heroes basically threw tantrums and basically had a fight about it, which is damn ridiculous.

It was rather good seeing cameos of other metahumans though, but to be honest they were the only interesting parts of the movie.  The ending felt rather lame with a blink and you'll miss it moment....and my wife who attempted to watch it with me pretty much lost the plot.

So....all in all, yet another damn awful movie from DC.  I tried to like this, I really did...but...just....no.  This is a bad movie...not Birdemic bad, but it is really bad.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is rated 12A and can be bought in various stores and online digitally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger