Thursday 14 October 2010

The Social Network

On Tuesday I went and saw the preview screening of The Social Network an Odeon Cinema, Basingstoke.

The movie is about Mark Zuckerberg and how he created Facebook, and the lawsuits against him.  It starts with  Zuckerberg getting drunk after being dumped, him hacking college "facebooks" and sending a link so that people could compare girls from colleges and vote who was hottest...and then from there creates "The Facebook" which becomes a social networking phenomena. Six years on and 500 million friends later Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire in history, but not without it legal and personal problems along the way...

I must admit, when I heard there was going to be a movie based on the story of Facebook I thought it was going to be utter rubbish, and had quite low expectations of this movie going to see it, but I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie, and Jessie Eisenberg plays the role of Zuckerberg really well, and is supported with a great cast too.  Go see this movie, you just might like it!!

The Social Network is in cinemas on 15th October and is rated 12A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger