Wednesday 12 May 2010

Splinter

I like a good horror movie, and I was recently recommended Splinter.


Splinter is about a young couple who retreat to the wilderness for a romantic camping weekend, but after damaging their tent everything starts to go wrong when they are car-jacked by an escaped convict and his girlfriend on the run from the police.
As the foursome travel the back roads they find themselves in more trouble than any of them could have imagined -- there's a blood-crazed, parasitic creature in the woods, and the two couples are it's next targets.
They shelter at an abandoned gas station, they must use their wits and every weapon at their disposal to defend themselves from not only the creature but themselves.


I really enjoyed this movie, it was a good watch and well worth checking out.  I liked the idea of a parasite that infects you and causes spikes/splinters to grow out of the victims bodies (or body parts if removed).  After seeing a lot of lame horrors of late, this for me is the way horror should be...simple, but effective. It felt like I was watching some of the simpler horrors from the 80s (and that is nothing but a good thing, some great horrors were made in that time!) and I feel anyone who is going to make a new horror should watch this to see how it should be done.


Here is the trailer for this movie:




Splinter is rated 18 and available on DVD


"This concludes out broadcast day..."


NOTE - I got a tweet from Toby Wilkins, the director of this movie, thanking me for watching and reviewing the movie, it went as follows:
TobyWilkins: Thanks for watching and reviewing, glad you enjoyed it. // RT @yamerias: Fat Bloke Watching: Splinter http://dlvr.it/x3Nc
Nice to have him drop me a message like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger