Saturday 6 March 2010

Alice In Wonderland - Movie Review

This afternoon I went and saw Alice in Wonderland (3D) at the Vue Cinema Festival Place, Basingstoke.

The story is not the actual story "Alice In Wonderland" as many may think, but is actually more of a sequel of sorts.  Alice has grown up and it has been arranged that she marries a lord.  As she is proposed to she sees the White Rabbit and chases after him, and falls down a rabbit hole, and tumbles into Wonderland!

Wonderland has seen better days...it is ruled by the Red Queen with an iron fist, and always more than happy to have people executed, and the only person who can help Wonderland is their champion, who will have to kill the Jabberwocky...and the champion of Wonderland is Alice!

There are all the characters you will remember from Alice in Wonderland....Tweedle Dum & Tweedle Dee, The Mad Hatter, The March Hare, The Cheshire Cat....it was great to see them all, especially The Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp does a sterling job...perhaps a little too good!).

Does Alice save Wonderland? Will the Red Queen reign supreme?  Watch the movie and see...

The movie is almost 2 hours long, but it felt like it was a lot shorter than that...and although there were some parts that looked good in 3D, I do seriously wonder what the point of it in 3D was, and in some ways I think I would have preferred if it was just a standard screening.

There is a great cast featuring Stephen Fry, Matt Lucas, Alan Rickman, Timothy Spall, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham-Carter and Anne Hathaway...they played their parts well.

It is a good movie, but I just feel like there was supposed to be more to this film...I really hope they are not planning on a sequel to this "sequel"

Alice in wonderland is rated PG and is in cinemas now.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review - I have been wanting to see this movie! I have a seizure disorder and I can't wear 3D glasses, because it makes me feel like I am entering into my aura, and I am afraid it could trigger a seizure.

    I didn't even know Alan Rickman was in it, and always found Anne Hathaway a little bubble-gummy verging on slapstick, but, you said she played the part well.

    I may have to wait for it to come out on dvd, I am afraid.

    I am a broke bloke, but the girl version of bloke. What is the girl version of bloke?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger