Sunday 28 February 2010

One, Two....

In 1984, New Line Cinema released a movie that was going to be the beginning of one of their biggest selling franchises in horror.

The movie was about teenagers having horrible dreams, and if they died in the dreams, they dies for real....of course I am talking about the classic movie A Nightmare On Elm Street. In case you have not seen this movie, here is a trailer:



I have quite a passion for this movie and the following sequels (even though they got cheesier and cheesier as they went along) because A Nightmare On Elm Street was the first horror movie I watched (at the age of 13) and it got me hooked on horror movies.

The psychology of the movie is fascinating, to think that a dream could actually have the power to kill you...the thought of that can make your worst nightmares have even more of an edge to them than before.

This year, there is a remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street is to be in the cinemas, and as much as I really hate sequels, I really want to go and see this...even though there is a high chance of this movie totally destroying this franchise for me, I'm attracted to this like a moth to a candle!

Here is the final trailer for the remake:



The only thing that worries me is that the best bits are shown in the trailer....but I shall give my thoughts on the movie when I see it.

A Nightmare On Elm Street is an 18 and will be released 7th May in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger