Thursday 16 July 2009

Bruno...

Last night I went to my local Vue cinema and watched Bruno.

I knew that the movie was going to be controversial, after all this was created by the same person that did Borat and Ali G (which, incidentally, I thought were very good characters and the movies/series they were in were great!) but sometimes a person can go too far.

This is what happens in this movie.

Bruno is about Bruno, and homosexual Autrian who at the beginning of the movie heads a fashion show that is most important to all German speaking places in the World...except Germany. After a major faux pas he is ousted from the program and blacklisted from lots of places, so he decides to move to Los Angeles and try and make a name for himself there.

The movie does have some funny moments in it, but it feels to me it was just trying to hard to shock and offend people too much. I for one was no offended by any of it (takes a lot to offend me to be honest) but there was a lot that just was not funny.

Sacha Baron Cohen I feel has crashed and burned with this movie...it's a pity because Borat had as much shock value to it but it was funnier than this...sadly lightening did not strike twice for SBC and I hope he has not plans for new characters soon.

Personally, I think this was better than TransFormers: Revenge Of The Fallen..but only just.

1 comment:

  1. couldnt agree more :o) (apart from the transformers bit as i havent see it yet lol )

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger