Saturday 20 June 2009

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

Today I decided to venture to my local Vue cinema with my friend Haunted Rock Cake (follow her on Twitter...oddly enough her account is @HauntedRockCake) to see TransFormers: Revenge Of The Fallen

Aw man, was that a big BIG mistake...


The movie picks up the story a couple of years after TransFormers, and the American forces have joined forces with the Autobots and are hunting Decepticons all over the globe...during one of the hunts they get a warning that The Fallen will return.

Sam is off to college, it's a new chapter of his life and he discovers he has a shard of the AllSpark, which fills his mind with Cybertronian text. The text in his head will tell him how to get to a machine that will destroy the World if the Decpeticons get to it, and so the race is on between the warring robots to get to the machine. Will the Autobots get there before the Decpeticons? and who is/are "The Fallen"?

I was really looking forward to this movie, seeing more of the robots (seeing the Constructicons was cool!) but I think this was a really bad call. The movie seemed too "jokey" and although the CGI was kinda good it seemed to me that it was all the movie makers were hoping people would take notice of that more than the storyline. The movie also had a lot of John Woo style slo-mo shooting scenes from the robots, which I didn't think was right for this movie either.

Again this movie has left it open for a sequel, which means more money rolling in for Hasbro, and whoever makes the next movie...but I seriously hope this does not happen.

I'm sure that there will be a lot of people that will absolutely love this movie, but me for one I want back the just over 2 hours of my life this atrocity of a movie wasted.

I give this movie 4/10...

1 comment:

  1. and they melted ILM's graphics rendering computers making it.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger