Tuesday 11 January 2011

The Last Exorcism

Recently, I watched The Last Exorcism on DVD.

Reverend Cotton Marcus is a well known and liked priest and practitioner of exorcism, with many faith people believing in his work...however he is not one of them.  He decides that he wants to expose what he considers a sham by having the last exorcism that he is going to be performing filmed, allowing the secrets behind the scenes to be captured.
He goes to Louisiana to a family where the daughter is believed to be possessed, with livestock being slaughtered and the only clue to these barbaric acts the next morning when the daughter's nightdress is covered in blood.
Reverend Marcus prepares for his final performance, but discovers he is going to have to perform much more than a charade to get rid of this demon.

I have watched a lot of horror movies, and seen some really bad ones....and sadly this one ranks down there. It is a very slow movie, which then kinda peps up a little, but in the end is rather lame. The documentary style of the movie is good, but I just get the feeling that there should be a lot more to this movie, and quite frankly I found the movie boring.  You should never believe the hype of a movie, and this is a prime example why.

I know some people will say I do not understand horror, or perhaps not watched enough horror movies...I have been watching horror movies since I was 13, I'm kinda hooked on the genre and watched classics as much as modern horror...and this film just does not cut the mustard, which is a great disappointment for me when I saw that Eli Roth was attached to this movie.

Sure, it's not the worst horror movie I have ever seen (I honestly do not think that ANYTHING will ever beat Birdemic!!) but this could have been so much more.

I you really want to get this movie, it is available on BluRay and DVD now and is rated 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger