Tuesday 18 August 2009

GI Joe: Rise Of The Cobra

Today, I went to see GI Joe:Rise Of The Cobra...I actually wasn't sure if to watch this or Orphan (which I'm hoping to see sometime next week instead now) so I asked the people of Twitter to choose, and with the votes going 6-1 to GI Joe, I toddled off the the Vue cinema.

The movie is based on the toys that are made by Hasbro that were I think the US equivalent of UK's Action Man.

GI Joe is an elite armed unit who save the World from terrorist threats.
The movie starts with Duke and Ripcord being part of an American army unit who have been given the task getting a weapon to a certain place when they are ambushed, and GI Joe save them. Duke and Ripcord train to become "Joes" and get suits that make them stronger and faster.

Cobra have plans to take over the World using nanotechnology, and only GI Joe have the ability to stop them....do they do it? Does Duke and the team save the day? Go see the movie and find out!

I really enjoyed the movie, and it didn't ruin my memories of playing with these toys when I was younger unlike some (yeah, I mean you Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen!!) but they have left it open for a sequel too, so I'm guessing we could well see that in a year or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger